Our carefully chosen links is a growing list of particular interest to garden visitors and gardeners.
All the links below are selected. Additions to this list are welcome, please contact us here
Please note: If you represent a gardening business and wish to advertise on this site please submit your link here.
Overseas Garden Guides
- New Zealand Gardens Online – Lots of features, mail order, nurseries and Garden Gallery.
- Gardens To Visit New Zealand – New Zealand gardens that open to the public, whether it be 2 weeks or all year.
- The New York Botanical Garden – The New York Botanical Garden features 50 gardens and plant collections, a landmark conservatory, and 50 acres of the original forest.
- Australia’s Open Garden Scheme – Australia’s best private gardens.
- Johannesburg Botanic Garden – Home to some of the finest plant collections in the world.
- The Garden History Society – A forum for the conservation and understanding of heritage gardening.
- Garden History Links – A collection of international gardening history sites.
- Garden Museum – The world’s first museum of garden history in London, celebrating the design, history and art of gardens.
- Historic Gardens Foundation – An organisation for the conservation of historic parks and gardens.
- Tracing the Past – Archaeology and Garden Reconstruction.
- Gardens of Western Europe 1600 – 1800 – Gardens in the Court of Louis XIV and after.
- The Beauty of the Japanese Garden – A personal account of Japanese gardening.
- Gardens of the Mughal Empire – On-line tour of Mughal gardens created between 1526 and 1858.
Garden Digests & Plant Databases
- Parks & Gardens UK – A growing database of historic parks and gardens in the UK.
- Native British Trees – Discover useful identification tips, uses, value to wildlife and some threats that are putting our native trees at risk.
- Scotland’s Native Trees and Shrubs – All the tree species commonly regarded as native to Scotland.
- Plants Database – A collection of the most interesting plants in cultivation, worldwide.
- RHS Horticultural Database – Comprehensive index of garden plants.
- RHS Plant Finder – Find the plant and the supplier (UK only).
- Postcode Plants Database – Search for plant native to your area.
- European Gardens – Pictures and descriptions of European gardens plus some other countries.
- Scotland’s Garden Scheme – Opening a fantastic selection of gardens across Scotland to raise money for hundreds of charities.
- National Garden Scheme of England and Wales – Helping garden owners open their beautiful gardens to the public, donating over £50 million to nursing charities.
- Scotland’s Garden – Gardens and nurseries in south west Scotland.
- Gardens to Go – Guide to gardens in the south east of England with descriptions and many photographs.
- Gardens of Cornwall – Use the garden finder to search for gardens in Cornwall open to the public.
- Garden Picture Library – Inspirational images of gardens and flowers. Registration required.
- Australasian Plant Society – UK society promoting the growing of Australian and New Zealand plants.
- Japanese Gardens in the UK & Ireland – Searchable database of Japanese gardens in the UK and Ireland.
- Japanese Gardens in North America – Japanese Gardens in the United States & Canada.
- The Japanese Garden Database – Compilations of gardens in Japan and other Japanese-style gardens.
- The Japanese Garden Database Worldwide – Compilations of Japanese gardens Worldwide.
- Hortus – Quarterly journal for lively-minded gardeners throughout the English-speaking world.
- Joy of Plants – An extensive guide to the UK’s most successful and popular garden plants and trees.
- Scotland’s Gardens Scheme – The Garden Visitor’s Handbook 2019.
- National Gardens Scheme – Buy the 2019 Garden Visitor’s Handbook of England and Wales.
Education & Training
- The English Gardening School – At the Chelsea Physic Garden. Diploma, distance and short courses.
- The Garden Design Academy – The Garden Design Academy specialises in distance learning and residential courses in gardening, garden design and horticulture.
- Garden Design School – Offers one year, intensive, part-time Diploma Course in Garden Design.
- Diploma in Garden Design – Useful information on hiring a gardening designer, or becoming one.
- Bristol University MA in Garden History – One year full time or two years part time Masters degree.
- Florida Yards & Neighborhoods – Educational program helping to protect Florida’s natural environment.
- Royal Horticultural Society – Gateway to gardening.
- English Heritage – Conserving English landscapes and buildings.
- NGS – The National Gardens Scheme of England & Wales.
- Scotland’s Gardens Scheme – Privately owned Scottish gardens open to the public.
- British Red Cross Open Gardens – British Red Cross care for people in crisis.
- NCCPG – The world’s leading cultivated plant conservation charity.
- The Association of Gardens Trusts – Umberella organization for all County Garden Trusts.
- HDRA – Dedicated to researching and promoting organic gardening, farming and food.
- Bumble Bee Conservation Trust – The Bumblebee Conservation Trust was established because of serious concerns about the plight of the bumblebee.
- Woodland Trust – UK’s leading charity dedicated to the protection of our native woodland heritage.
- The Gardeners Guild – The Gardeners Guild is the only organisation representing professional domestic maintenance gardeners. Anyone who needs a gardener can visit our site to view our members gardening credentials.
- The Institute of Horticulture – Representing all those professionally engaged in horticulture in the UK & Ireland.
- The Native Tree Shop – Launched by the Woodland Trust, native trees from their own on-line shop.
- Forestry Commission – Responsible for the protection and expansion of Britain’s forests and woodlands.
- Brogdale – Home to the National Fruit Collection. One of the largest fruit collections in the world.
- Thrive – National charity promoting gardening and horticultural activity for training, therapy and health.
- Topiary Organisation – International association of topiary growers & suppliers.
- RHS Garden Holidays – Travel with the RHS.
- British Garden Tours – British Garden Tours show you some of the most enchanting gardens of the British Isles.
All the links above are selected. Additions to this list are welcome, please contact us here